Director of Influence and Communication
Director of Influence and Communication
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Director of Influence and Communication - Beeck Center for Social Impact and Innovation
The Director of Influence and Communications will lead the communications and marketing functions of our work and bring digital expertise and a demonstrated commitment to social impact. The Director will drive and execute on strategy, collaborate with multiple partners, and grow the effectiveness of well planned and executed communications.
The Director will serve as a trusted advisor and highly collaborative thought partner who can work across programmatic areas and the University to meet and exceed goals. The Director will lead the implementation of all communications, internally and externally, working in close collaboration with our Managing Director and Executive Director. This new position will supervise a Digital Communications Associate and the position will be equal parts leader, strategist and executor. Together, the communications team will ramp up our communications and outreach capacity towards several key goals:
- Integrate strategic communications across all areas of our work.
- Translate our highly credible, innovative approach to problem solving into a suite of dynamic communications tools that are accessible and compelling.
- Leverage all platforms to more effectively engage our existing audiences.
- Expand our audience to include influencers across various sectors, including students, faculty and external audiences.
- Connect the work of the Center to media (traditional and digital) organizations.
- Help build the brand, tell the story of Beeck Center's work and why social impact matters in easier, more accessible manner.
- 6-8 years in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, private sector company, foundation, or government agency
- Belief in the Beeck Center's mission to bring lasting change to the world and solutions for people by scaling social impact
- Understanding of the social impact space and key players to develop a strong perspective of the power of storytelling as an influence strategy for systems change
- Demonstrated leadership creating and executing strategic communications through the digital space, across multiple platforms
- Adept at managing up and down, balancing management and strategy with execution
- Experience leveraging differentiating creative and innovative solutions - including digital advertising, email marketing, content creation, influencer engagement, blogger relations, media management, and relationship building
- Experience leveraging digital and social advertising and effectively managing promotional resources to build engagement and influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a natural tendency to be nimble, adaptable, collaborative, approachable, and calm and collected under pressure
- Confident and quick writing and editorial acumen, adept at both producing and directing the crafting of top-quality content
- Understanding of reporting, metrics, and analytics with a finely-tuned sense for demonstrating value and providing actionable insights
- Experience coaching principals and senior leaders to serve as spokespeople
- Experienced professionals with digital expertise and a demonstrated commitment to social impact
- Know how to drive and execute on strategy, know how to collaborate with multiple partners, and have proven success in growing the effectiveness of well planned and executed communications
- Strong track record of leadership in a marketing or communications capacity within the social impact sector, is a self-starter, excellent project manager, and highly organized multi-tasker
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Director--Communications---Branding---Beeck-Center-for-Social-Impact-and-Innovation_JR06075
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency