Business Manager - Office of the University Registrar
Business Manager - Office of the University Registrar
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown's Office of the University Registrar is dedicated to supporting the mission of Georgetown University and our Jesuit values by engaging the faculty, students and alumni that it serves. The office contributes to this mission by providing administrative and logistical support for Georgetown's curriculum, maintaining the integrity of its institutional and educational records, enforcing its policies, and facilitating a culture that preserves the values of Georgetown University and its community. The Business Manager is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the departments within the Office of the University Registrar, navigating through all business processes established for the GMS Financial and Human Resource modules for the University Registrar's Office. S/he has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
GMS Financials Purchasing and Processing
- Review financial transactions in the Georgetown Management System, ensuring that all data is accurately entered and all chart of account elements are consistently assigned.
- Prepare and process expense and travel reimbursements, journals, payables, petty cash, receivables, and other transactions when necessary.
- Review supporting documentation for all transactions to ensure it is attached to the transaction and complete (explains who, what, where, when, why).
- Communicate directly with colleagues if supporting documentation is insufficient, following up as needed to complete the request.
- Initiate and track contracts and requisitions in compliance with University policies and purchasing guidelines, escalating critical issues as necessary.
- Ensure that financial transactions keyed in GMS are complete, accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual tax audit reports and correspond with the Purchasing department and vendors as needed.
- Ensure receipt of goods and resolve variances between orders and products received.
- Attend all mandatory GMS and Banner training sessions and will be expected to perform at a high level within the Workday financial system and the Banner student information system.
- Work with the Main Campus Finance Office to develop the University Registrar's annual integrated planning and budgeting submission.
- Monitor financial operating results and ensure compliance with University policies.
- Serve as a resource to the Office of the University Registrar to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Process month end and fiscal close activities for the Registrar's departments.
- Prepare reconciliations, accruals, journal transfers, encumbrances, and other business transactions.
- Actively engage with MCFO, GAO, Procurement and Contracts, A/P, Audit and other University departments to ensure that transactions are in compliance with University and Main Campus policies and provide reports and/or information as requested.
HR and Payroll
- Participate in mandatory training for assigned GMS roles in addition to the Department Administrator role.
- Coordinate requests for hires, terminations, transfers, costing allocation changes and compensation adjustments for staff and students.
- Accurately complete and submit forms and documentation as needed to appropriate offices to ensure timely processing of payroll and personnel transactions within GMS.
- Review supporting documentation for requested payroll and personnel transactions.
Metrics and Monitoring
- Run reports to assess data integrity and take corrective action to resolve any issues.
- Prepare reports and assist with budget management and/or data extracts for departments as requested.
- Perform reconciliations for ProCards, grants, and non-grant accounts as assigned.
- Continually assess and suggest improvements to realize operational efficiencies, scheduling and managing the Registrar's calendar as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Registrar and senior management.
- Make travel arrangements for management and staff attending conferences.
- Maintain office equipment and provide timely management of service contracts.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Bachelor degree
- 3-5 years of financial and/or administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of experience with Banner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with a mastery of Excel ( knowledge of vLookups and pivot tables)
- Experience and/or familiarity with managing large volumes of data and database queries
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a service-oriented, professional demeanor and a team orientation
- Skilled and successful at prioritizing work and multi-tasking to meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills, detail oriented and the ability to think outside the box to solve issues creatively
- Experience with financial management, Cognos, and SQL is preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Business-Manager---Office-of-the-University-Registrar_JR06214-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency