Chicago Semester Student Teaching Supervisor
POSITION: Chicago Semester invites applications for a part-time adjunct position as a student teaching supervisor in Chicago Public Schools for the 2019-2020 school year.
M.A./M.S. in education with at least 5 years teaching experience. The ideal candidate has experience working with teachers, students, and/or student teachers in the Chicago Public Schools or other urban district. This position requires a valid driver’s license and own transportation. Student teaching supervisors must pass a CPS Level 2 Volunteer Background Check. Chicago Semester seeks candidates who are committed to urban education and Christian faith.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with the student teacher and cooperating teacher(s) during the first two weeks of the semester to clarify responsibilities of the student teaching team.
- Meeting/talking with student teachers and Student Teaching Program Director on a weekly basis.
- Observing the student teacher in a “normal classroom setting”, a minimum of 5 times during the semester; six times if there are two placements.
- Conferencing with the student teacher and cooperating teacher after each observation.
- Reading and responding to weekly reflections.
- Providing the student teacher and cooperating teacher with written feedback after each observation. (Observation Report Form)
- Consulting with the Chicago Semester student teaching program director and college department head if the student teacher is expected to earn a grade lower than a B for student teaching.
- Completing mid-term and final evaluations.
- Assigning a grade (A, B, C, or fail) for student teaching and professional seminar.
Applicants should be prepared to provide the following during the online application process:
- Introduction letter