Application Developer I-1
We have two open positions for Application Developers. The Application Developer I designs, builds, and supports software solutions as part of the team responsible for building world-class applications in support of Babson's top-ranked entrepreneurial programs. The developer works independently and as part of a team to deliver innovative applications using Babson's SDLC and best practices for application development. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement software applications to support the administrative and academic programs of the college.
- Participate in creation of project requirements and technical designs.
- Research and analyze college systems and business processes to solve technical support and development issues.
- Stay current on new technologies and their appropriate usage and recommend the application of these new technologies for the College.
- Responsible for maintaining a commitment to service and quality.
- Responsible for using development experience in order to design and develop custom software systems, including web sites, social media applications, content management modules, Web 2.0 applications.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Supervises: N/AEducation Requirements: Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 0-5 years of experience.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must be able to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills; superior presentation and writing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proven front end experience (HTML, XML, CSS, Java Script).
- Understanding of browser-specific compatibility issues, web based security.
- Experience writing/consuming web services with understanding of WSDL and SOAP.
- Experience with a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress, SharePoint, TerminalFour, or Drupal.
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL Server or MySQL.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Working Conditions: May require some nights and weekends.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.