Director, Real Estate Development- Northeast
We seek a Director, Real Estate Development for the Northeast United States Region who will manage the day-to-day management of development projects. These responsibilities include support with acquisition, pre-development, pre-construction, construction, closeout and pre-operation phases.
This position will be based in Washington, D.C. and will report to the Vice President of Real Estate Development. Successful candidate will be required to interact closely with the Northeast market managers including the Vice President of the Northeast Region and the District of Columbia Market Manager.
- Manage in the management of development projects including the oversight of architects, project contractors and consultants
- Work with Investment teams to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions and development projects
- Research markets and investigate properties and coordinate site search in partnership with the local brokerage community
- Manage negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors
- Maintain project timelines and ensure milestones are met on time and within budget
- Provide project status reports to senior development staff, Investments teams and other stakeholders
- Prepare and track development budget and contractor pay applications related to assigned projects
- Manage securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Manage and share project documents including, but not limited to, discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, covenants, construction documents, contracts/change orders and closeout documentation
- Attend project meetings with architect and contractor
A proven track record of successfully managing multiple property development projects at the same time and thinking critically to find design and construction solutions to difficult issues are essential.
The ideal candidate for this position also possesses:
- Excellent organizational, communication (written/oral), and interpersonal skills;
- The Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines, work independently, and follow through on assignments with little direction;
- Effective conflict resolution and customer service skills for interaction with tenants, vendors and co-workers;
- A positive, professional and personable attitude
- 5 plus years of real estate development and construction project management experience, which includes K-12 construction project experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or related construction management degree preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficient in Microsoft Office applications Project, Word, Excel, Budget Trac, and PowerPoint. Preference for applicants with AutoCAD skills.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial building systems, including design issues and construction materials and methods.
- Well informed about the National real estate market with an emphasis on Washington D.C. and Northeast markets is a plus.
- K-12 work experience is a plus but not required.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel
- Ability to effectively use all devise, equipment, computer systems required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to communicate via phone, email, and in person.
- 100% Employee paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life and A/D
- 6% Company Match on 403B Retirement Plan
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.