Geological Research Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Summer 2019)
Position Title:Geological Research Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Summer 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Geological Research Student Assistant. This position is for a student researcher to assist with a summer project to investigate the geology of the Elachee Nature and Science Center at Chicopee, GA.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student's duties will include:
- Collection of geological samples, acquiring GPS sample location data in the field, assisting with GIS mapping of sample locations, and assisting with petrographic analysis of collected samples.
- The project will provide opportunity for the student researcher to report finding in a poster or presentation at at a regional or national geological conference.
- Some knowledge of geology as evidenced by having attained a grade of C or better in Physical Geology (GEOL 1121K).
- Knowledge of GIS mapping techniques helpful.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.