Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Regular_0091051 Position Title: Grounds Technician Classification Title Facilities Services Groundskeeper Min Salary $29,993 Max Salary $34,492 Salary Type Annually FLSA NE = Non-Exempt Position Type: Position Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a Grounds Technician who will be maintain the college grounds. Responsibilities may include mowing; trimming; removing weeds; operating a leaf blower, lawn mower, and other maintenance equipment; picking up trash; applying herbicides and pesticides; monitoring and adjusting irrigation systems; performing routine maintenance on grounds equipment; installing landscaping materials; and maintaining related records. May oversee work activities of assigned workers.Staff Required Education/Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), and two (2) years of experience in groundskeeping activities; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
.Desired Education/Experience/Skills: Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Grounds maintenance principles and practices; Applicable equipment, materials, and tools used in grounds maintenance activities; Applicable herbicides and pesticides; Record-keeping principles; Safe work practices.
Skill in: Maintaining grounds; Operating and maintaining applicable grounds maintenance equipment and tools; Performing manual labor; Applying herbicides and/or pesticides; Maintaining records; Prioritizing and assigning work; Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.Department: Grounds Work Hours:
VariesPosting Date: 05/10/2019 Closing Date: 05/31/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Prune all trees and shrubs as needed throughout the year.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2. Mow, weed-eat, and blow off clippings when needed.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3. Blow leaves off of walks, patios, drives, and lawn areas as needed.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4. Assist supervisor with the maintenance of all the storm water ponds.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5. Assist supervisor with design and installation of all the areas allowed to landscape; over seeding and new seeding.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * What various skills do you have in yard care, landscaping, etc?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1