Specialist III - Mental Health Counselor Postgrad Resident
Posting DetailsPosting Information
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Requisition 201900124S Title Specialist III - Mental Health Counselor Postgrad Resident FLSA status Non-Exempt Hiring Salary<br /><br/><a href=http://www.shsu.edu/dept/human-resources/payplan/documents/Pay%20Grade%20Table%202017.pdf>SHSU Salary Table</a>
$2,520 – $3,708 per monthOccupational Category Technical/Para-Professional Department Counseling Center Open Until Filled Yes Educational and Experience Requirement
Associate’s Degree in a related field. Masters in Counseling/Clinical Psychology with LPC-I or related field preferred. Three years of experience working in a college or university counseling center setting. Additional education may be considered in lieu of experience.Nature & Purpose of Position
To provide mental health counseling to the SHSU student population.Primary Responsibilities
Conducts Personal, Couples, and Group Counseling. Provides consultation and outreach to the campus community including students, faculty, and staff. Responds to day and night psychological crisis for students. Conducts intake assessments. Provides supervision to graduate student trainees. Engages in on-going case management. Makes appropriate referrals to other agencies as necessary (e.g. M.D., Psychiatrist, etc.). Serves on university committees. Engages in staff meetings and professional development activities. Performs other related duties as assigned.Other Specifications
Experience working in a college or university counseling center setting would be helpful.
Position Starting Date: August 5, 2019Full Time Part Time Full Time Quicklink http://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/21873 EEO Statement EEO Statement
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School/GED
- At least 30 undergraduate credit hours, but have not obtained an Associates degree
- Associates degree
- At least 90 undergraduate credit hours, but have not obtained a Bachelors degree
- Bachelors degree
- At least 18 graduate credit hours, but have not obtained a Masters degree
- Masters degree
- * Have you worked with or are you familiar with Titanium Scheduling Software?
- * Have you passed the NBCC exam?
- * Are you willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends?