Temporary Custodian Bread Loaf
Appointment/Position DetailPosition Information Classification TitleCustodian Bread LoafJob TitleTemporary Custodian Bread LoafLocationBread Loaf CampusHourly/SalariedHourlyBand/LevelOP2Hiring Minimum$12.07 per hourBrief Position Summary
The Custodian prepares rooms for all students/guests arriving on campus and provides daily cleaning of all areas used inside the buildings.
- Cleans areas after guests and students leave in preparation for next function: strips beds, dusts furniture, washes dishes, empties trash, mops floors, stores linen, sweeps, scrubs woodwork and mopboards, shampoos rugs, washes windows, washes blankets and bed spreads.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and kitchens; restocks supplies.
- Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops floors, and spot washes walls. Dusts or vacuums furniture.
- Arranges classroom furniture, cleans chalkboards & whiteboards, and restocks chalk markers and erasers.
- Cleans entrances and elevators. Sweeps outside steps and polices the outside perimeter of the building.
- Collects and removes all trash.
- Arranges furniture in social spaces/lounges.
- Identifies damaged and missing items from assigned area and reports such to supervisor.
- Inspects fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
- Change light bulbs.
- Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
- Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental practices and procedures.
- Keeps records and makes reports.
- Prepares daily work order log.
- Interacts appropriately with the customer.
- Supports the College’s Recycling program.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as auto scrubbers, sweepers and shampooers.
- Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using the proper procedures.
- Sets up and removes articles for special events.
- Assists with snow removal at building entrances.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
Education and Training:
No formal education required; on-the-job training provided.
Custodial experience preferred.
Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products, and equipment. Knowledge of basic equipment operation helpful.
Driver’s license and own vehicle to work throughout Bread Loaf Campus. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions. Must be able to establish and maintain working relations with supervisors, fellow workers, students and the rest of the College staff. Must be able to follow a schedule. Must be able to work independently. Must be willing to work overtime and able to work regularly on weekends. May be required to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position. (Category D screen)If teaching, Course number and nameWhat is the FTE for this position?.15Typical hours per two week pay period80Anticipated Start Date06/02/2019Regular or TemporaryTemporaryIf temporary, enter end date09/08/2019Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screeningCriminal Background Check, Post-offer Pre-employment Physical ExamPosting NumberSH00359Position Category Posting Information Open DateClose DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
This is a seasonal non-benefit eligible position beginning in June and ending in September.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.Quicklink for Postinghttp://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/16876Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V