Johnson Depression Center Youth & Family Therapist/Instructor
Universityof Colorado – School of MedicineJohnson Depression Center Youth & Family Therapist/Instructor
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Department of Family Medicine provides primary health care,educates medical and psychology students and graduates, conducts research andengages with communities. This position will work within the FAMILYteam (Fostering Anxiety and Mood Improvement in the Lives of Youth) at theHelen and Arthur E Johnson Depression Center. The position will focus on providing expert clinical care to youth andfamilies who are dealing with either primary mood or anxiety issues.
- Assess, diagnose and treat youth and families wheremembers are dealing either with a mood or anxiety issue.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate group visits focusing onthese issues or correlates with these issues.
- Design and implement prevention interventionstargeting these key mental health areas.
- Supervise behavioral health trainees (graduatestudents, psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and pre-licensurepsychologists).
- Support community partnerships by providing educationaltalks and training sessions related to these topics or one’s further expertise.
- Provide team-based care with multidisciplinary teams.
- Coach physicians in communication skills andtechniques of health behavior change.
- Facilitate referrals for more significant mentalhealth conditions and/or when medication is recommended.
- Participate in quality improvement and practicetransformation initiatives, workflow modification, and the identification anddeployment of new efficiencies.
- Maintain eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in field, bothacademically and through applied skill.
- May participate in clinical research projects (but notrequired to be a clinician-researcher unless pursuing traditional promotionpath).
- Attend and present at conferences, meetings and trainingsin order to maintain certification and enhance professional skills; participatein faculty development activities.
- Serve as liaison within the community targeting schools,primary care clinics, and/or additional community engagement possibilities.
- Accept other responsibilities specifically assigned by theExecutive Director.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master’s in Social Work (or related degree) or Doctorate inPsychology (PhD or PsyD).
- Currently licensed in Colorado.
- 2+ years’ experience in clinical psychology, with a primaryfocus on youth and families.
- Advanced training and experience in the delivery oftherapeutic interventions to youth and families.
- Advanced training and experience in the treatmentof mood and/or anxiety disorders for youth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief andtargeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health andbehavior change, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff andtrainees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective workingrelationships within multiple domains, including the FAMILY team, the JohnsonDepression Center, and the Department of Family Medicine.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks andmaintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, andas part of a team.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability indifferent work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 9, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing