Assistant Director, Alumni Relations
The Career Services Officeat the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies is looking for a career servicesand alumni relations professional, with relationship building, programdevelopment and higher education experience, to join our office as an Assistant Director for Alumni Relations.Our new team member should have a genuine interest in college students &alumni, career services and public affairs overall.
The Assistant Director will:
- Represent the Andrew Young School and CareerServices & Alumni Relations as primary point of contact for alumni.
- Develop strong, long-term relationshipswith alumni both within Georgia and throughout the US. Encourage communityconnection and foster school affiliation among AYS alumni.
- Develop and coordinate alumni-focusedregional and national programs year-round.
- Increase the number of alumni visiting campusto serve as panelists, speakers, workshop facilitators for informational interviewswith students. Maintain information regarding potential speakers, panelists,workshop facilitators, etc. Support the development of student programming thatincludes alumni.
- Serve as resource to faculty interested inengaging alumni in the classroom and the work of the school. Identify alumniinterested in supporting student development through experiential opportunitiessuch as research and capstone projects, etc.
- Work closely with Assistant Director forEmployer Relations to foster alumni and employer relationships and to encouragethe development of internship and fulltime employment opportunities forstudents and alumni; respond to alumni hiring needs overall.
- Work closely with Andrew Young SchoolDevelopment Officer. Share potential development contacts and collaborate onmutually beneficial alumni development activities and programming. Collaborateand serve as primary contact with university partners including GSU AlumniAffairs and alumni contacts within the other schools.
- Develop and facilitate an active AlumniBoard and support Dean’s Office with management of the Young Alumni Board.
- Track and maintain current alumni data (i.e.,contact information, employment status, desired level of engagement, etc.). Developand conduct alumni surveys for individual AYS departmental and school trackingpurposes. Serve as point of contact for inquires and requests for data fromdepartments.
- Meet one-on-one with alums seeking careerplanning and job search support. Assist in developing career programs forupper-class students through their transition to alumni status, therebysupporting and building school affiliation and connection.
- Develop content for alumni e-newsletter.Identify, interview and write profiles on alumni.
- Maintain Alumni section of AYS CareerServices & Alumni Relations web page. Create social media contentspotlighting alumni successes, impact in the community and career paths; promotejob and internship opportunities and AYS events.
- Share public interest stories, successesand career profiles with AYS Public Relations staff.
- Supervise Alumni Relations GraduateAssistant. Provide back-up supervision of Career Service’s other GAA’s andstudent assistants.
- Directly support cross-functional staffteam within Career Services & Alumni Relations.
- Represent the Director in meetings asneeded.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in a related field and three years of supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit05/31/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 06/19/19, 2:04:34 PM