Administrative Professional Sr (Cobb County Research Facility)
DescriptionJob Purpose: Provide high level, specialized administrative services within a campus unit, usually in direct support of unit management. Position usually encompasses organization of office services within area including coordinating calendars, meetings and events, budget administration, procurement and report preparation. May provide work coordination and supervision to lower level administrative personnel within the unit.Major Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage department budget. Generate associated reports.
- Coordinate Payroll and HR related functions (time-keeping, PSFs, paperwork processing, etc.).
- Coordinate unit purchasing process. Track and manage purchasing activities.
- Originate and process correspondence, reports and other documentation.
- Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports; develop and maintain databases and records management systems.
- Plan meetings and other events to include scheduling, reservations, arrangements, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for unit staff management and staff as directed.
- Review and resolve complex administrative related questions and issues; recommend new or revised unit administrative procedures.
- Provide training and ongoing work guidance (may include supervision) to administrative staff members as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School, GED or Vocational School Diploma
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced skills in general office administration to include budget administration, unit level procurement processing, document production and management, records management, event management, problem solving and office organization. Skill in use of advanced office and financial related computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Smyrna
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: May 10, 2019, 9:16:01 AM