Housekeeper (1st Shift)
Posting DetailsEmployment Opportunity Job Title Housekeeper (1st Shift) Department Custodial Services Position Summary
Gettysburg College is seeking a full-time Housekeeper to work in the Facilities Services Department. This position will maintain administrative, academic and residence hall buildings Monday through Friday 6:00am- 2:30pm. Mandatory overtime will be required during busy times of the year.Qualifications
Candidates should have basic reading and writing abilities, be in good physical condition and have the demonstrated ability to lift 10 to 20 pounds, and on occasion, up to 50 pounds. A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one is required. Some flexibility with scheduling may be required.
Gettysburg College seeks candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues and community members.Special Instructions Summary
Status: Full-time, Support Staff, 40 hours per week
Full-time positions receive full benefits to include: medical, dental, vision and life insurance; prescription drug card, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave; pension; and many other programs.Posting Number 20100556A EEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter