Enrollment Services Coordinator/Communications Specialist
Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code ES-ESCCS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.Background Check
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:Enrollment Services Coordinator/Communications SpecialistAnnounce date:09/24/2020Apply by date:08/08/2020Application status:Currently InterviewingPosition type: Full-time Salary:$42,197 per year Working Hours:
Working hours for this position consists of a 7.5 hour period (between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm) exclusive of a 1/2 or 1 hour lunch. In this position the employee will be required to work 2 evenings per week with specific evenings assigned at the onset of employment. The employee may be required to work hours outside of their agreed upon working hours up to five (5) times each semester (fall, spring, and summer).Summary:
This position is divided into three equally critical roles: Enrollment Services Coordinator, Communications Specialist, and Designated School Official (DSO) for International student admissions.
This position will spend time recruiting prospective students; building, monitoring and implementing communication strategies; providing service in the Welcome Center; overseeing student workers; managing application and data integration into Ellucian and developing reports, and guiding international students through the enrollment process.
The Enrollment Services Coordinator (ESC) role is to assist prospective students as they complete the application and placement testing process to enroll in the College. The ESC will meet with prospective students, inquire and learn about their goals and plans, and use the information to assist them map out an educational plan. This process may take place in a single day or over a period of months. The ESC is responsible for keeping prospective students engaged throughout the entire process, regardless of length. The ESCs learn, understand and effectively articulate the value and benefits of the education provided by the College, and develop a level of trust and rapport with prospective and new students.
The ESC will be expected to commit to, and meet individual as well as team enrollment goals. In addition to taking the lead recruitment role for the prospective international student population, the ESC in this role will also be responsible for assisting our post-traditional students through the enrollment process.
The Communications Specialist will manage the division’s automated communication with prospective students. This includes the development of communications workflows, emails, landing pages, texts and other components within the communications cloud-based technology. The Communications Specialist will bring experience creating engaging content to be used in the marketing and/or recruitment of prospective students, and will use that expertise to enhance the division’s efforts to improve new student conversion.
The Enrollment Services Coordinator / Communications Specialist will be expected to perform all functions of this position as needed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively conduct interviews and information sessions with prospective students to provide general information about the college and its programs (both credit and non-credit) and services including financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Assist students complete the college enrollment process.
This job has no staff supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Two years’ experience with demonstrated success in customer-focused sales, marketing, telemarketing or higher education admissions/recruitment.
- Experience managing a CRM and/or creating automated workflows and communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or sales.
- Prior experience in and understanding of college admissions and recruiting
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague
- Experience utilizing web-based technology to coordinate mass emails, text messaging and creating on line forms.
- Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting of international student enrollment.
- Demonstrated oral and written Spanish language fluency
- Excellent verbal (including speaking and listening) and written communication skills, especially in the areas of report writing and business communications
- Thorough understanding of how to engage prospects through email marketing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively via telephone, e-mail, face to face, or using other media.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, decision-making, and problem solving skills while communicating the need for further clarity or direction.
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service to a diverse customer base in terms of race, ethnicity, age, class, gender, ability, sexual orientation, and belief system among others.
- Ability to set and strong desire to achieve short and long term enrollment and communications goals with measureable results.
- Strong persuasive ability related to the value of post-secondary training and/or degree pursuit.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt and thrive in an environment of change.
- Ability to create and edit effective, engaging communication for various target groups.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague, CRMs, project management, or other administrative software a plus.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.