System Identification Number:
College of Business http://cob.unt.edu
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Department of Accounting, at the University of North Texas G. Brint Ryan College of Business, invites applications for appointment as the G. Brint Ryan Endowed Professor of Taxation. This person's duties may include, but are not limited to, conducting high quality research and publication in premier accounting journals, teaching undergraduate, graduate or PhD level courses, and service to the Department, G. Brint Ryan College of Business, University, and the academy.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Candidates must hold an earned Ph.D. in Accounting (or equivalent) from an AACSB-accredited institution and have demonstrated excellence in teaching and a strong publication record in premier journals.
- Professional work experience and CPA certification.
- Nationally recognized research record in Taxation.
- Record of leadership in Taxation teaching and research.
- Evidence of collaborative research and publications with leading Taxation scholars.
- Record of teaching and mentoring doctoral students in Taxation.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with placement of doctoral students.
- Demonstrated leadership in mentoring and working collaboratively with colleagues.
- Evidence of grants and externally funded research.
- Ability to foster partnerships with industry professionals and corporations.
- Record of professional involvement with major professional organizations in the discipline of Taxation.
Area of Specialty:
G. Brint Ryan Endowed Chair of Taxation
Non-Tenured Appointment Term:
Open Until Search Closed
Required Applicant Documents:
List of Names and Contact Information of Three References