Part-Time Clinical FNP Faculty - Nursing (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Part-Time Clinical FNP Faculty - Nursing (Fall 2019) Position Number:10042664 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
General Summary: The University of North Georgia, Department of Nursing is currently searching for part-time faculty members for the Family Nurse Practitioner program. This position is renewable. Part-time clinical faculty members are used as needed on a semester-by-semester basis.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include clinical observation and evaluation of graduate FNP nursing students in both outpatient primary care and simulation settings. The clinical agencies are typically located in the north Georgia, the metro Atlanta and surrounding counties.
- Responsibilities also include teaching graduate nursing students in the clinical setting or agency.
- Faculty will be required to attend meetings as warranted and grade associated clinical assignments and complete student evaluations.
- M.S. in Nursing, Doctorate preferred. Licensed in the State of Georgia Certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- At least one (1) year experience as a nurse practitioner.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.