PT Physical Education Tai Chi
Coast Community College District
PT Physical Education Tai Chi
Job# .PT PE Tai Chi
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/2442738/pt-faculty-pool-physical-education-tai-chi?keywords=tai&pagetype=transferJobs
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, online and/or off-campus classes.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (d):
a. Valid California Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990);
b. Master's degree from an accredited institution in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education.
c. Bachelor's degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education AND a Master's degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy.
d. Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials.
2. Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
Certified Tai Chi (or Qigong) Practitioner
1. At least 150 documented hours in formal Tai Chi or Qigong training
2. Two or more reference letters.
3. Holds Active Certification ATCQA
1. Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
2. Expertise and professional experience in the field of course(s) to be taught.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and the effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Part-time faculty applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
THE COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER