Assistant Director, Office of Career Strategy - GU Law Center
Assistant Director, Office of Career Strategy - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Assistant Director helps with student advising, including mock interviews, geographic information, and networking, overseeing career programming and job creation initiatives beyond traditional on-and off-campus interview programs. S/he works closely with colleagues to design and launch programs important to the career planning, professional development, and job search for students. The Assistant Director creates programming in which employers and alumni interact regularly with students through practice area panels, networking events, and mentoring programming. Reporting to the Executive Director of OCS, the incumbent has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Creates programming for students focused on practice areas.
- Designs and launches career planning and job search programming, such as Charting Your Path.
- Organizes professional development programming for students.
- Performs outreach to employers in small firms, businesses, and alternative careers.
- Networks with employers and alumni to make connections for students.
- Seeks out job listing resources that expand job listings for students.
- Works with students on interviewing skills.
- Advises students on networking and making connections.
- Counsels students on opportunities in various geographic locations.
- Serves as the section advisor to Evening Students.
- An advanced degree, such as JD, MBA or Masters in a related field (such as counseling)
- Experience working in a law school career services office or substantial (at least two years) of related legal experience
- Experience advising with students, creating and running programs, and interacting with employers
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Assistant-Director--Office-of-Career-Strategy---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR06596
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency