Administrative Support Coordinator II
Job Title: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13721
Job Code: 1035 Administrative Support Coordinator -12 Month
Job Grade: Coordinator II
Department: International Student Services
Salary Range: $3,115 - $5,475 per month
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,115 - $3,400 per month
Note: This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Reporting to the University's Assistant Vice President for International Affairs (AVPIA) and under general supervision, the Administrative Support Coordinator II (ASC II) provides coordination of the clerical and administrative support functions for International Office. The incumbent assists with establishing the office protocol and guidelines for daily front office operations and performs a range of administrative duties in support of the AVPIA to support International Office and Study Abroad Office. The position serves as the initial point of contact for prospective and continuing non-immigrant students, university administrators, faculty, staff, community members, and all others who may contact the office. Assignments and projects are varied and involve coordinating, prioritizing and monitoring these tasks through completion. Position involves planning and coordinating administrative work for the unit and providing lead work direction to student assistants and volunteers, with accountability for end results and work performed by others. Excellent cross-cultural respect and people skills are essential. The position requires exercising excellent and timely judgment of information dissemination and spontaneous decision making challenges using effective and professional initiative, organizational time management experience. The required work schedule is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (campus summer schedule may be available, to be announced).var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Major Duties of the job include:
- Provide administrative support to the AVPIA in support of International and Study Abroad staff
- Maintain AVPIA electronic calendar and assist with ISSP staff on-line schedules
- Coordinate daily operations for the International front office and reception area which includes equipment and inventory control activity
- Coordinate administrative office-related functions
- Serve as the office satellite cashier for state and non-state receipts, deposits and reports
- Maintain and oversee the preparation of International resource requests and associated form transactions against International's annual operating state and non-state funds related but not limited to student payroll, domestic and international travel arrangements (reservations, applications, claims, and expenses), supplies and services, equipment and personnel transactions
- Develop and provide monthly and annual financial reconciliation reports and projections
- Serve as a Lead to student employees and/or volunteers
- Prepare domestic and international Travel Applications and follow guidelines for high hazard travel in concert with locations listed on the High/Hazardous Country List
- Serve as the point person for health insurance policies, procedures and payment specific to international students
- Serve as the liaison with health insurance broker and insurance carrier
- Prepare and maintain roster to enroll international students in health insurance plan each semester
- Maintain sponsored-student Financial Guarantees and contact students as necessary
- Serve as the liaison with Student Financial Services, assisting with billing of sponsored students as necessary
- Coordinate overseas mailings and apply word mail merge applications and Excel created data as needed
- Coordinate and complete year-end account and student and operating files purging and new year setup
- Update and maintain Stoury App
- Collaborate with International staff to disseminate pre-arrival information to incoming international students
- Administer the Deans' Scholarship Tuition Waiver and Hardship Tuition Waiver programs
- Create, brand and maintain departmental forms for International Office (hard copy and electronic)
- Run weekly international application and international enrollment reports
- Respond or triage incoming email messages to International Office
- Send out timely and targeted communication to continuing and prospective international students.
- Serve as Designated School Official (DSO) and an Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO).
- Assist with all aspects of the annual International Commencement Celebration and other events
- Compose related administrative correspondence, operational requests and E-mail for AVPIA and office procedures/guidelines; take and transcribe meeting minutes
- Serve as the key contact person for all incoming inquires by telephone or walk-in visitors
- Receive and address a high volume of student inquiries related to a variety of international admission and related topics with accuracy, timeliness, confidence and confidentiality
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Initiate timely and accurate judgment to assist faculty, staff and students
- Interpret and effectively apply state and non-state policies/procedures/guides established by the CSU and Fresno State campus and auxiliary units
- Plan and facilitate logistics for annual events, activities and/or projects
- Present position-related topics at new student orientations
- Prepare student data reports for operational needs/events such as new-student orientation days, international socials, and committee meetings
- Utilize software applications for the development of flyers, programs, certificates and bulletin board material
- Serve as the point person for hiring, training, supervising and evaluating student employees and payroll processing
- Serve as the primary contact for the Institute for International Credential Evaluation (IICE)
- Maintain a well-developed campus network for complex and timely problem solving requirements
- Perform tasks requiring continuous interaction with office co-workers and the AVPIA
- Maintain an open, cordial demeanor and congenial rapport at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned for this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling Fluency and proficiency in using standard office software including but not limited to: Word, Excel or related software, email, and internet usageAdvanced level of proficiency within a PC-driven environment
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures
- Ability to:
- Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
- Apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist
- Perform standard business math and analyze budgetary data
- Effectively write correspondence and standard reports
- Handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, technical related vocational program or their equivalent
- Three years of recent professional office experience in a progressively responsible administrative position(s) within a large organizational structure. (Bachelor's degree may substitute for one year of professional experience.)
- Bachelor's degree Experience working within a University setting
- Proficient in campus Canvas applications, managing list serves, developing and releasing timely E-blast announcements or Canvas information Experience using other University-related programs (i.e. SharePoint, DropBox, Concur, etc.)
- Proficient in utilizing campus supported information management systems: PeopleSoft HCM, Reports Portfolio and Time Administration (financial, HR and student administration on-line applications), required for completion of daily tasks and position assignments
- Proficient in utilizing e-mail to send mass messages Ability to speak a second language
May 23, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.