The Technician/Research Associate will assist scientists and students including undergraduate students in daily experiments, conduct independent experiments, collect and analyze data, write reports, maintain records/log books/ lab equipment/ inventories, feed animals, conduct tissue culture experiments, and order supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform independent research under the direct supervision of the graduate thesis advisor and other duties assigned by the advisor in the field or the laboratory.
- Assist supervisor with planning and executing research activities as part of a team to perform daily required maintenance of research activities, maintain tidiness of work areas, take observation, record data, and maintain research notebooks.
- Analyze data using statistics, write conclusions of research observation, present results in professional meetings and write journal articles for publication.
- Participate in university sponsored events and other university functions/activities such as the Georgia National Fair, AG Field Day and AG Expo, seminars
- Supervise and work collaboratively with undergraduate student workers.
- Report daily activities to supervisor.
- Work to create a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Entomology, Plant Science, Botany, Biology, or Food Science
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience in designing row crop experiments will be an advantage
- Prior experience working in the field and greenhouse growing crops, greenhouse, or working experience for any research in the field or laboratory
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics: Hard working, punctual,
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Occasional evening/night/weekend work required according to the needs of the department
- Occasional travel required for research activities and for presenting research papers in professional meetings
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 40 lbs
- Working outdoors, greenhouse, or in the lab
- Sitting for extended periods of time, occasional standing, lifting heavy objects, performing repetitive tasks