Student Accounts Associate
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Student Accounts Associate Requisition Number SCL00214 General Description
Reporting to the Manager of Student Accounts, the Student Accounts Associate performs a variety of routine accounting functions related to student payment plans within the College’s Bursar department. Along with processing student payments, student refunds and student bills, this position also supports the department’s collections and student refund efforts. Other responsibilities include recording financial transactions such as preparing and posting journal entries and cash receipts to the general ledger, accounts payable transactions, and accounts receivable transactions.
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
• Accomplish pre-determined work steps and established activities for the maintenance of a web-based Tuition Payment Plan.
• Update, promote and disseminate information to students and staff concerning the Tuition Payment Plan each term.
• Daily verification of student enrollments in the College’s Tuition Payment Plan.
• Generate the Payment Plan Comparison report for export into Excel to analyze the data and perform necessary adjustments to student accounts to ensure accurate invoicing.
• Generate reports and reconcile student accounts to assess and apply late fees to the identified accounts.
• Assist the Manager in the implementation and promotion of the College’s Tuition Payment Plan; including attending student open house events, as needed.
• Support the in-house collection process for past due accounts; determining which accounts should be forwarded to the College’s third party collections agency.
• Provide assistance to students in the settlement of past due balances.
• Create monthly reconciliation reports and execute follow up collections efforts as needed. Prepare and post financial entries to students’ accounts to record cash receipts, disbursements and adjustments.
• Prepare monthly financial reports, including aging analysis for the College’s Tuition Payment Plan and the Financial Aid Payment Plan.
• Perform the refunding process of credit balances in compliance with college policy.
• Perform stop payment confirmation to include voiding checks in Banner and requesting replacement of checks. Initiate daily e-bills during critical periods of registration/enrollment.
• Deliver quality customer service to students, staff, and other departments throughout the College as well as external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma, or GED equivalent, with five (5) years of accounts receivable or collections work experience required.
• Experience using an enterprise wide system required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and MS Excel required.
•Ability to perform job duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and respond well to rapidly changing priorities required.
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills required.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team or independently required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic background required.Preferred Qualifications
• Associate’s Degree in a business related field with two (2) years of accounts receivable or collections work experience is preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous work experience using Banner by Ellucian is preferred.
• Experience using ARGOS reporting preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on April 5, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * What best describes your education and experience:
- I have a high school diploma, or GED equivalent and five (5) years of accounts receivable or collections work experience.
- I have an Associate's degree or higher in a business related field with two (2) years of accounts receivable or collections work experience.
- My education and experience are not reflected in the statements above.
- * Do you have previous experience using an enterprise-wide system?
- * Do you have previous experience using the Banner by Ellucian system?
- * Do you have ARGOS reporting experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application