Request/Posting Number 0712011
Classification Title Coordinator
Working Title Coordinator of Undergraduate Studies & Student Services
Job Class # 286490
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100% (12 month continuous position)
Department Criminal Justice Sciences - 05250000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The Coordinator of Undergraduate Studies & Student Services is responsible for the department's student support services, academic advising, and its marketing & communication plans.
Required Qualifications 1. Master's degree
2. Academic program management experience & related skills
3. Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education areas, such as academic advising, administration, or teaching
4. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
5. Ability to work with diverse student populations
6. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: Knowledge of Illinois State University's advisement processes and student development theory and practice
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Master's degree
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Work Hours Generally Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with occasional weekend and evening hours as business needs dictate
Proposed Starting Date: June 2019
Posting date 05-08-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please apply by June 5th.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Donna Long
Departmental Homepage https://criminaljustice.illinoisstate.edu/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
3. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
4. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations on and off campus.
5. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration and professionalism.
6. Ability to perform sedentary work involving sitting the majority of the time.