Manager, Farm Laboratory
Manager, Farm Laboratory
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 1900002Y
Responsible for the overall management of the Farm Lab, including but not limited to coordinating with faculty, facilitating the lab activities for the agricultural program, management of crops and oversight of operations, equipment and facilities at the Manteca and Stockton campuses.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from assigned administrator. Incumbents work within a broad framework of standard procedures and objectives. Incumbents in this classification assign, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of others.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and manage budgets and accounts for the Farm Laboratory. Maintain records, analyze monthly profit and loss statements, forecast crop yields and income; ensure reserves for emergencies and equipment purchases. Maintain purchasing and inventory control and process invoices.Operate, maintain and set up farm machinery necessary for the farming operation.Responsible to oversee the preparation, planting, cultivation, harvest and maintenance of field crops, orchard areas, vegetable crops, vineyards, other plantings and operations. Oversee activities related to the livestock of the Delta College agricultural program.Coordinate with faculty to ensure that grounds and equipment meet instructional needs.Ensure that facilities, grounds, classrooms, and equipment are maintained, secure and safe.Contract for services as necessary to economically and effectively conduct farm operations and harvest crops. Advise the Division Dean regarding contract services, as needed.Prepare and present written and oral reports and recommendations.Supervise assigned staff, student workers and contracted workers as necessary.Select, use and apply pesticides following safety regulations. Complete pesticide application and notification reports.Maintain good public and customer relations. Represent Delta College at advisory committee meeting, professional and business organizations, and community meetings.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Plant nutrition, pest control, irrigation systems and livestock care.Agricultural farm business.Equipment operation, equipment mechanics and welding/fabricating.Farm implementation set up.Procurement and contracting methods and practices.Fiscal management and accounting for agricultural businesses. Methods and practices of effective personnel supervision.Computer and computer applications to support management and student services functions. Farm safety hazards such as chemicals, waste products, and equipment.
- Plan, manage and implement cultural practices necessary to production of a diversified farming operation including the harvesting and marketing of agricultural commodities.Communicate effectively orally and in writing.Communicate effectively in a bi-lingual environment.Develop successfully operational strategies and budgets.Work flexible hours including early mornings and weekends.Work in a variety of environmental conditions.Lift up to 50 lbs.Safely operate farm machinery and apply pesticides.Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- AA degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in a related field; Bachelor's degree highly preferred.Two(2) years of experience in commercial farming including experience operating agriculture equipment with at least one (1) year of leadership or supervisory experience.Possession of a valid California Driver's LicenseA Qualified Applicator's Certificate for pest application, preferred. Attainment within 180 days of employment required.Pest Control Advisory License, preferred.
Four (4) years of commercial farming experience with the ability to maintain a self-supporting economic unit.
Experience with public agency financial systems.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 70,951
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 84,719
- External Closing Date: Jun 20, 2019
- External Opening Date: May 8, 2019
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency