Student Assistant - Legal Affairs
Title:Student Assistant - Legal Affairs Job Category:Student Description:
The University System Office of Legal Affairs is seeking a highly qualified student to serve as a student assistant. The major duties of the position will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the public face of the Office of Legal Affairs to visitors and callers
- Assisting Office of Legal Affairs staff by researching higher education and legal policy, trends, and other matters
- Opening and distributing mail
- Filing, organizing, copying, and scanning documents
- Assisting with coordinating internal and external meetings, travel, and meeting prep
- Participating in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Candidate must be a full or part time student at a USG institution with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Additionally, the ideal candidate must:
- Be organized, observant, and detail oriented.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to follow instructions carefully and with sound judgment.
- Demonstrate efficiency and time management skills.
- Be comfortable working with Microsoft 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Skype.
- Be able to maintain information and conversations related to legal matters in the strictest confidence.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students with an interest in law.