Administrative Assistant II - Admissions & Financial Aid
Job location: Technology and Admissions Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-08
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Administrative Assistant II - Admissions & Financial Aid Job Description Summary SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position demonstrates proficiency in general and moderately complex administrative functions of a unit, including serving as a resource on issues, policies and procedures, maintaining inventory or facilities, approving fiscal transactions, and contributing to the development of unit systems and processes. Position assists the Academic Affairs Unit of Admissions & Financial Aid under the direction of the Director, Academic Affairs. Job Description
These responsibilities are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed:
- Review purchase requests, create requisitions and manage approval process. Ensure orders adhere to University/supplier agreements and contracts.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
- May coordinate particular support activities within an office or provide direct support to management staff.
- Assist searches with scheduling interviews, inviting candidates, creating agendas, etc.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
- Drafts correspondence and reports.
- Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
- Performs or approves fiscal transactions; monitors and maintains area budgets and processes revisions.
- Conducts research or analysis and provides input or recommendations for problem resolution.
- Coordinates events or special administrative projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm (typing test will be administered)
- Intermediate to expert skill in typing/word processing and computer software, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform or learn campus routine purchasing, order, and contracting processes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably Workday.
- Ability to conduct business transactions and perform simple research work by email and/or telephone.
- Demonstrated client service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- High school diploma or equivalent and six years of appropriate experience; OR Associates degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors Degree
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Target hiring salary range $16.14 - $17.60
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format to the Florida Polytechnic Careers Website: https://floridapoly.edu/about/careers/careersportal
- Cover letter and Resume
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.