Administrative Assistant III, Technology Services
Job location: Florida Polytechnic University South at PSC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-08
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Administrative Assistant III, Technology Services Job Description Summary The Administrative Assistant III performs operational and administrative support directly to department supervisors or individuals following the standards and procedures of the job/unit. The position demonstrates proficiency in general and moderately complex administrative functions of a unit, including serving as a resource on issues, policies and procedures, maintaining inventory or facilities, approving fiscal transactions, performing procurement tasks, and contributing to the development of unit systems and processes. Job Description
- Office Operations Support: Provides office operations support by scheduling meetings, coordinating projects, maintaining record-keeping systems, processing mail, and responding to inquiries
- Procurement Management: Procures software, hardware, and service contracts by placing, tracking, and reviewing orders and corresponding with university procurement office, vendors and suppliers
- IT Lease Management: Records, monitors, and manages IT core services and equipment leases
- Administrative Support: Provides administrative support by preparing reports, compiling and summarizing data, preparing correspondence, agendas, minutes, and other communications.
- Travel Support: Provides travel support by making travel arrangements and processing travel expenses and reimbursements
- Other: May be required to perform other duties not explicitly indicated above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to conduct business transactions and perform simple research work by email and/or telephone.
- Demonstrated client service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, University infrastructure, policies and procedures. Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems. Ability to work with a diverse set of suppliers to gain necessary quotes for equipment and service needs.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- High school diploma and six years of appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably Workday.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced level of experience in technology servicing and terminology.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is hourly, non-exempt exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $17.75 - $19.50/hr., commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
• List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.