Academic Director, Undergraduate Programs
Boston University’s Metropolitan College seeks a full-time faculty member with expertise in a content area included in Metropolitan College’s undergraduate portfolio (https://www.bu.edu/met/programs/undergraduate/) starting July 1, 2019. The college is a leader in providing undergraduate and graduate education offered in flexible delivery formats including face-to-face, blended, and online. The college believes that the cultural and social diversity of our faculty, staff, and students is vitally important to the distinction and excellence of our research and academic programs. To that end, we are especially eager to have a colleague who supports our institutional commitment to ensuring BU is inclusive, equitable, and diverse join our ranks.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree preferably in a content area included in Metropolitan College’s undergraduate portfolio, be qualified to design and teach core undergraduate-level courses, and have five or more years of experience in related academic management, planning, or coordination.
Faculty duties include teaching and the following duties as Academic Director:
• Oversee the academic component of Metropolitan College’s undergraduate offerings, review curriculum to assure pertinence with current student interests and up-to-date disciplinary content and delivery, update courses as needed and coordinate with other schools and programs within Boston University, coordinate the program learning outcome assessment process for all MET undergraduate programs, work with Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, faculty, and program coordinators to assure quality academic delivery of undergraduate programs.
• Assure that Metropolitan College’s undergraduate degree requirements meet University standards of content and delivery including, but not limited to, comportment with the University’s General Education requirements for undergraduate degrees (the BU HUB). Assure that the HUB academic program is initiated and appropriately available to MET undergraduate degree-seeking students on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinates scheduling and staffing of MET undergraduate courses.
• Work with the Associate Dean for Enrollment and Student Affairs, Undergraduate Student Services, and MET Marketing to coordinate program promotion and recruiting activities. Represent the undergraduate portfolio at certain recruitment events such as open houses and webinars. Help determine and plan enrollment strategies and activities.
• Represent MET’s undergraduate programs on certain University-wide committees and working groups.
This is a full-time, 12-month non-tenure track appointment at a lecturer rank, with a 2-5 year renewable contract.
The position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs with a “dotted line” working relationship to the Associate Dean of Enrollment and Student Affairs.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Application: Applicants should submit a cover letter stating career objectives, suitability for the position, research goals, and approach to teaching, as well as a curriculum vitae, and three letters of reference, preferably via email. Candidates who, within their application materials, substantively address their experiences, strengths, and opportunities for growth regarding diversity, inclusivity, and full participation at Boston University will receive the highest priority/consideration. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Send applications to:
Ms. Corinne Griffiths
Boston University Metropolitan College
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Floor 5
Boston, MA 02215
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Apply for Academic Director, Undergraduate Programs
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly