Short-Term Worker - Apprentice VIII, Career Center
This apprentice position provides a unique opportunity to learn and serve students and employers through Chaffey College Career Center's employment and career preparedness services.
The apprentice position will develop organizational and entry-level human resources/personnel skills through performing student employment and related functions in the Career Center. This position will be assigned to support and organize projects and tasks associated with the College's center and online employment services; assist with student employee new hire and ongoing student personnel processes; collect, synthesize, and report data; organize and host events and services; and provide direct service to students, staff, faculty, and external organizations.
The apprentice may be employed for a maximum of nine (9) semesters, consecutive or cumulative, including summer sessions, and may not work more than 170 working days or more than 980 hours during an academic year.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to utilize proper phone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite software, Adobe software, and College student information databases
- Ability to work as a team member with shared responsibilities while exercising independent decision-making within the scope of responsibility
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and external organizations
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Sensitivity to students of various academic, socioeconomic, cultural, religious, disability and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to exercise independent decision making within scope of assignment and prioritize duties
- Ability to troubleshoot and willingness to take initiative to solve problems
The apprentice works under the direction of the Career Development Director. Progress is measured each semester through direct observation and mentoring.
Anticipated work schedule:
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Chaffey College online Employment Application must be filled out completely. Please do not include any additional documents other than a resume. For additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (909) 652-6525 or (909) 652-6526.