Research Software Developer
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department Computer Science-318400 Working Title Research Software Developer Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Category Research Professionals Salary Range $45,125 - $80,000 Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent Hours per Week 40 Vacancy ID NF0003708 Position ID 20020138 Posting Open Date 04/22/2019 Application Deadline 05/16/2019 Open Until Filled No Proposed Start Date 07/01/2019 Position Summary
A position is available in UNC’s Computer Science department for a Research Engineer to develop a novel computer-security capability. In particular, this person will be central to the further development of this capability and its maturation toward deployment.
Professor Michael Reiter and his research group at UNC are seeking a software developer to assist with the implementation and engineering of tools produced by the group. The group is developing software and techniques to verify the behavior of a system component as being consistent with the software the component is believed to be executing. The goal of this position is to further that research by developing our tool (documented at http://www.cs.unc.edu/~reiter/papers/2017/NSDI.pdf ). As such, the person in the position will work closely with Professor Michael Reiter and his graduate students conducting research on this topic.Educational Requirements
A B.S. in computer science or software engineering with a minimum of three years of work experience is required. A M.S. in computer science or software engineering is preferred.Qualifications and Experience
- Proficiency in programming in C, C++, and x86-64 assembly (at least 2 years’ experience)
- Git proficiency
- Experience with compilers, operating systems, and low-level software development
- Software analysis tools (e.g., program slicing)
- Performance analysis and profiling
- Building and conducting unit and regression tests
- Scripting languages, e.g., Python or Bash
- Familiarity with symbolic execution and SMT/SAT solvers
- Familiarity with LLVM
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/160342 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and Title Alicia Holtz, Business Services Coordinator Department Contact Telephone or Email [email protected] Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that describes your level of education that best or mostly closely satisfies the education requirements for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in any field/discipline
- None of the above
- Do you have at least 2 years of proficiency in programming in C, C++, and x86-64 assembly?
- What scripting languages are you proficient in?
(Open Ended Question)
- How many years of experience do you have with compilers, operating systems, and low-level software development?
- Less than 1
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 5+ years