Fiscal Tech (Accounting Technician II)
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Medicine
Division of Pulmonary Sciences andCritical Care Medicine
Fiscal Tech (Accounting Technician II)
Position #00761347 – Requisition #16315
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeksindividuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning andworking environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students,faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences andCritical Care Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff(unclassified) Fiscal Tech (Accounting Technician II) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is apublic education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and aworld-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science,medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degreeprograms through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million inresearch awards each year. We are the single largest health professionseducation provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Poweredby our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation foracademic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from theclassroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work:
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences has an excitingopportunity to join our administrative team. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) positionwill work under the direction of our Accountant and will assist in maintainingfiscal records, subcontract invoicing, and other basic accounting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and submits journal entries and fundingdistribution entries
- Assists with Purchase Order requisitions, vendor set up andpayment tracking
- Maintains accounting records and files
- Handles procurement for administrative team
- Oversees sponsored project subcontract activity (set up,invoicing, tracking, and payment processing)
- Advisor to faculty regarding EPER submissions
- Assists with payroll transactions, including time entry andleave reporting
- Calculates and processes incentive payments
- Responds to a range of inquiries regarding financialtransactions; researches and resolves problems
- May assist in audit activities
- Handles Annual Space Inventory Survey
- Administrative support activities such travel planning andreimbursements, setting up complex meetings, assist with credentialing andlicensing.
- Serves as back up for expense reimbursement processing
- Assists in monthly preparation and distribution of financialreports
- Reviews and approves Marketplace shopping carts
- May assist with the creation of expense reports andassistance of expense report reconciliation
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position hasbeen established at $ 38,004 to $45,810 and is commensurate with skills andexperience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on yourpaycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans andretirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disabilityaccommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campusis committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campusis dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of experience in general accounting, bookkeeping,accounts payable, and or budget preparation.
Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for therequired experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to business, finance oraccounting.
- Experience with University of Colorado systems, such asPeopleSoft HCM or Concur.
- Previous experience working in a higher education or medicalenvironment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing andorally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective workingrelationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and apply contract terms and conditionto spending within the University system and policy.
- Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post torecords.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Adaptability and ability to work with multiple shifting prioritiesand deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member withdiverse faculty, staff, and student populations.
- Intermediate knowledge of the regulatory issues associatedwith the administration of federal, state and private foundation grants (e.g.HIPAA and human subjects' protection, Conflict of Interest, Office of Grantsand Contracts, and university policies and procedures).
- Knowledge of and experience with the application andimplementation of Federal policy including but not limited to OMB Circular A-21and OMB Circular A-110.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 7, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing