Johnson Depression Center Therapist - Instructor
Universityof Colorado – School of MedicineJohnson Depression Center Therapist - Instructor
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Department of Family Medicine provides primary health care,educates medical and psychology students and graduates, conducts research andengages with l communities. This position will provide therapeutic evaluation andtreatment of patients with behavioral, emotional and mental disorders atthe Johnson Depression Center.
- Assess, diagnose and treat behavioral, mental oremotional conditions.
- Facilitate group visits.
- Design and implement health promotion/diseaseprevention interventions.
- Participate in clinical home visits, teaching andsupporting patient self-management skills.
- Supervise behavioral health trainees (graduatestudents, psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and pre-licensure psychologists).
- Review audio and video recording of clinic visits andprovide medical precepting (supervision of psychosocial aspects of medicalcare) to small group teaching of medical students and medical residents.
- Support community partnerships by providingeducational talks and training sessions.
- Coach physicians in communication skills andtechniques of health behavior change.
- Facilitate referrals for more significant mentalhealth conditions and/or when medication is recommended.
- Participate in quality improvement and practicetransformation initiatives, workflow modification, and the identification anddeployment of new efficiencies.
- Provide team-based care with multidisciplinary teams.
- Maintains eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, bothacademically and through applied skill.
- May participate in clinical research projects (but notrequired to be a clinician-researcher unless pursuing traditional promotionpath).
- Attends and presents at conferences, meetings andtrainings in order to maintain certification and enhance professional skills;participates in faculty development activities.
- Accepts other responsibilities specifically assigned bythe Executive Director.
For additional information on the Johnson Depression Center, please visit: www.coloradodepressioncenter.org
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master’s in Social Work (or related degree) or Doctoraldegree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD).
- Ability to obtain appropriate Colorado state licensure.
- 2+ years’ experience in clinical psychology, primary care orbehavioral medicine.
- Experience with integrated team-basedcare, particularly in a primary care based setting.
- Expertise in motivationalinterviewing, and evidence-based psychotherapies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief andtargeted assessments to provide psychotherapy interventions, health andbehavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level ofcare.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff andtrainees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective workingrelationships with Department of Family Medicine and clinic faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks andmaintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team andindependently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability indifferent work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 7, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing