NPR Illinois Sponsorship Account Executive -REVISED
Category:Academic Professional Title:NPR Illinois Sponsorship Account Executive -REVISED Location:Springfield Description:
UIS Human Resources has a List Serve Option for current vacancies.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to click on the link to sign up!
Subscribers will receive weekly emails with current UIS vacancies.
Seeking candidates with track records of success and the passion to secure business sponsorships (underwriting) for NPR Illinois. Sponsorship Account Representative will cultivate and grow funding from businesses, foundations and major donors to support the public journalism of NPR Illinois through sponsorships and acknowledgements in digital, broadcast, and print media in addition to events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed individual revenue goals on a monthly basis through selling broadcast avails.
- Meet or exceed individual revenue goals on a monthly basis through major sponsorships for events and special projects.
- Meet or exceed individual revenue goals on a monthly basis through selling digital avails.
- Research and identify business prospects to financially support Illinois public journalism through digital, broadcast, and print acknowledgements (ads) and secure meetings with them to cultivate commitments. Develop prospect “Needs Analysis,” and produce proposals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current business supporters. Anticipate, meet and/or exceed donor needs, wants and expectations – customer service. Develop stewardship techniques to ensure renewals and added commitments.
- Write effective copy for business gift acknowledgments that comply with NPR Illinois and FCC guidelines.
- Follow station policy regarding copy approval, deadlines, receivables and collections. Undergo University of Illinois Foundation and other training as needed. Represent NPR Illinois in a way consistent with its standards and mission/values. Build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, departments and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned including enthusiastically participating in other station fundraising and engagement activities and adapt to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or commensurate experience.
- Minimum three years sales experience.
- Ability to communicate persuasively to groups and individuals.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple assignments, and be self-directed in leading one’s self, staff and volunteers to actively solicit funds from businesses, nonprofits, foundations and other prospects.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Developed writing style that results in effective acknowledgments (ads).
- Experience using social/digital media to secure revenue.
- Proficiency in computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and proprietary account management software (Allegiance/Blackbaud). Ability to work with a variety of windows based software programs to create presentations.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on occasion.
- Attention to detail.
- Must maintain confidentiality of donor files and information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Master’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
- Knowledge of regional market including decision makers, events, and key accounts.
- Ability to operate broadcast equipment with an emphasis on digital audio production.
- Previous public radio underwriting success.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and work with spreadsheets and account for cash and trade according to GAP.
This position will require several hours a day traveling the region and attending meetings. This position will also require daily time at the computer. Other demands include climbing stairs, negotiating prevailing weather conditions, and periods of standing.
Please select the Apply for Position tab below, create or update your profile and upload a cover letter of application addressing qualifications related to the position, a resume and the names and contact information (phone and email address) for at least 3 references.
Applicant review will begin immediatly and will continue until the position is filled or the search is terminated. Targeted start date: June 10, 2019.
UIS employment in this role is not covered by Social Security, and instead, is covered by the State Universities Retirement System.
• You don't pay Social Security taxes and your earnings won't be on your Social Security record. (Your record will, however, show your Medicare wages.)
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive campus community. Persons with disabilities, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
New Vacancy List Serve: Human Resources now has a list serve for current vacancies. Subscribers will receive weekly emails with current UIS vacancies.