Apr 5, 2019
The Post-doc will examine the role of epitope-specific CD4 and CD8 T cells in control of HIV/SIV replication. The project will entail use of flow cytometry and confocal microscopy to examine anti-viral T cell responses, including tissue resident T cells and non-canonically restricted T cells, with additional opportunities available to explore transcriptomics of SIV infection in nonhuman primates.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Microbiology, Immunology or a related biological science
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Prior experience in immunology, virology, flow cytometry, confocal and/or basic immunological assays
- Organization and supervisory skills required
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment and techniques required
- Knowledge of various software programs for both PC and Mac systems
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Reference
Application review starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.