Math Lab Assistant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Math Lab Assistant Department Natural and Applied Science-Mathematics Posting Number 03206P Location Sterling, VA: 20164 Full or Part Time Part-Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $21,000 - $26,265 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Support the operation of the computer-based student-learning environment for mathematics.Duties and Responsibilities
Support the operation of the computer-based student-learning environment for mathematics, to include assisting students in the operation of the software, answering mathematical questions, tutoring students, proctoring exams, training tutors on the software, and providing general administrative support as needed. Tutor students in credit-level classes.Minimum Qualifications
Associate degree and completion of Calculus I and Calculus II with minimum grade of B, AP score of 3 or higher, or equivalent. Previous teaching or tutoring experience.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in math, and a teaching certificate, including completion of Calculus III and Statistics with minimum grade of B, AP score of 3 or higher, or equivalent.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1) Significant knowledge of mathematics and the ability to communicate it in a clear, concise manner. 2) Ability to work well with students of diverse backgrounds and educational levels. 3) Good organizational skills and attention to deadlines. 4) Knowledge of MS Office. 5) Willing to adapt to changes as needed.Operation of a State Vehicle No Posting Detail Information Open Date 05/08/2019 Close Date 05/29/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work primarily morning hours?
- * Are able to work Saturday morning hours, as requested?
- * Do you have previous teaching or tutoring experience?
- * Do you have Associate's degree and successfully completed Calculus I and Calculus II with minimum grade of B, AP score of 3 or higher/equivalent?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application