Senior Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialist
Senior Multimedia Engineer and Event SpecialistTracking Code190516 Job Description
The Senior Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialist serves as a technical team lead within the department. This position provides day-to-day supervision and coordination of hourly Multimedia Services staff, provides complex problem solving as well as assists in development, engineering, integration and installation of multimedia solutions. Develops and maintains positive customer relationships within the organization.
1. CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS – Provides multimedia consultation and technical support for JCCC leadership, faculty, staff, students, and college community.
• Provides day-to-day technical support, problem-solving as well as training for customers on the use of multimedia technologies
• Provides multimedia equipment consultation, coordination, planning and logistics for conferences and events to include documentation of client multimedia needs for an activity
• Assist with the setup and support of multimedia technologies for activities such as panel discussions, symposiums, and special events for JCCC approved activities both on and off campus.
• Serves as a technical lead as well as liaison for other campus services for JCCC and community event and presentation activities.
• Works in collaboration with IS technical support teams in response to classroom technology support needs.
• Collaborates with faculty and staff on the development and configuration of multimedia technologies in support of student success.
• Assists manager as a liaison for other departments and presenters to ensure their multimedia needs are met.
2. MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES MANAGEMENT – Provides ongoing planning, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of multimedia technologies both on and off-campus.
• Participates in research, testing and evaluation of new hardware and software multimedia technologies as well as implementation of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions
• Provides management and support of multimedia technologies in all classrooms, conference rooms and event spaces.
• Provides general to advanced problem-resolution and equipment repairs for multimedia technologies minimizing any related down time through delivery of innovative solutions
• Coordinates equipment repairs and replacements with appropriate vendors and JCCC functional areas
• Develops and maintains multimedia technology instructions for use by patrons in classroom and conference rooms
• Coordinates department equipment maintenance projects such as inventory verifications, firmware updates, and preventive maintenance.
3. PROJECT MANAGER AND TECHNICAL LEAD – Assists in the planning, development and coordination related to the integration, installation, programming, and operation of multimedia technologies
• Serves as a technical lead for multimedia related projects to include engineering and integration of multimedia solutions, Crestron programming, and equipment installations
• Maintains project updates and communicates status of deliverables relative to milestones or open issues
• Assists Multimedia Manager in development with planning needs related to standardization, refreshment, and upgrades for organizational audio visual technologies
4. SUPERVISION OF STAFF – Supervises and mentors Multimedia Engineer and Event Specialists
• Provides supervision, evaluation, training, and mentoring of Multimedia Services staff
• Prioritizes, plans, and completes work to meet established objectives and service level agreements
• Monitors support, event and project activities ensuring tasks are completed timely and accurately
5. RESEARCH AND EVALUATE TECHNOLOGIES WHICH PROVIDE INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR COLLEGE INITIATIVES Maintain department relevancy of emerging technologies and industry trends and their impact on the organization.
• He/she is informed of future trends, maintains current knowledge of multimedia developments, attends conferences, seminars, and workshops
• New multimedia technologies and tools are researched, investigated, and analyzed for their benefit and impact on the college organization and JCCC strategic plan.
- Bachelor's degree or combined certification and related work experience
- Demonstrates a core understanding of common audiovisual signals
- Demonstrated familiarity with Crestron hardware, control systems, and programming
- Advanced problem-solving skills for connections between multimedia technologies and connected devices
- Functional knowledge of computing technologies and applications such as MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to fabricate standard AV cables including CAT, XLR, and BNC
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Functional knowledge of support ticket tracking software
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets college insurance provider requiremen
- Two years’ experience within the past eight years in supervision of technical staff preferably in the area of higher education and in a conference/event multimedia environment.
- Four years’ working knowledge of a broad range of multimedia technologies such as projectors, control systems, video conference technologies, document cameras, and PA systems
- Two years' customer support experience in delivery of multimedia related services
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular