Position Title: Librarian Temporary Pool
Department: Library & Learning Services
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.This posting is a pool and not for any specific position.Job duties listed in this posting are general in nature and will vary depending on location. Specific job duties will be explained during interview.This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost..
Transcripts: Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.Work hours (for hourly positions):
Days and hours vary according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.Salary Grade:
Job Category: Adjunct/Faculty
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
General Summary: To use current technology necessary to provide quality library services.
Master's degree in the field of library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited graduate program; three years of professional library work preferred; including a knowledge of information, public, and circulation services procedures; knowledge in the use of computers in contemporary library services; familiarity with materials processing; and academic library instruction experience. Academic library experience preferred.
1. Provide reference and research assistance to individuals.
2. Assist in the supervision of clerical and technical personnel in the information and public services operation of the library area.
3. Delegate assignments to clerical and technical personnel in the area and establish their priorities, including reference and circulation.
4. Collect data and prepare all reports pertinent to the library area.
5. Coordinate the library instruction program and conduct library tours.
6. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships for faculty and students with public and private libraries in the college district.
7. Coordinate the reference area and the preparation of bibliographies.
8. Maintain and revise, when necessary, the portion of the library procedures handbook pertinent to the library area.
9. Assist in publicity efforts of the College through the Executive Director of Library and Learning Services including Faculty Guide, Student Guide, etc.
10. Assist in the preparation of the budget and control expenditures in this area of the library.
11. Promote the utilization of the library resources with faculty.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.