Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Decatur, IL (114687)
Office Support Assistant – University of Illinois Extension
Units 16 & 17 Cluster – Decatur, IL (Macon County – Unit 17)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Primary Position Function/Summary: The Office Support Assistant is administratively responsible to the County Extension Director. Unit Extension Educators, Program Coordinators and Community Workers will provide guidance regarding work requirements. This position is an hourly position and is contingent upon the availability of funds appropriated annually. The work will be done in a 37.5-hour work week and 7.5-hour day.
- Types materials such as newsletters, letters, and news releases from rough draft to final form, with responsibility for grammar, spelling, and general presentation.
- Composes and types letters of a routine, factual nature regarding Extension program areas.
- Maintains mailing lists; adds and drops names from master lists without detailed review.
- Maintains subject matter files of Extension pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and related materials; provides materials to public upon request.
- Collects and prepares routine statistical information concerning Extension programs, such as membership rolls, program evaluations, and 4-H awards.
- Makes meeting arrangements for conferences, tours, or workshops as directed.
- Receives visitors and answers telephones; refer inquiries to appropriate staff members as needed; answers general questions concerning programs and program areas.
- Maintains and updates web pages.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
a. Work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university course work in any curriculum
To view more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.08 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and Exam Request Form for OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT – Decatur, IL Extension. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Extension Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Decatur, IL (114687) Organization Name:Intl Student and Scholar Svcs