Field Placement Coordinator, School of Education
Field Placement Coordinator, School of Education – Requisition # 19000000HT
The Field Placement Coordinator is a 12-month, full-time academic support staff position in the School of Education. The primary responsibility is to secure and manage placements of teacher candidates during all clinical experiences. The position reports to the Director of the School of Education and serves on various committees within the School of Education. Primary responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining all clinical experiences in both graduate and undergraduate programs within the School of Education and Teacher Education Program.
- Using a data management system (i.e., LiveText) to organize, track, and analyze clinical experience data and information for the School of Education.
- Distributing surveys, collecting and analyzing; includes oversight of the uploading of summative evaluations, attendance and reflections of teacher candidate’s final semester.
- Working with surrounding Local Education Agencies to place candidates in appropriate school settings based on licensure requirements and partnership agreements.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving on departmental and university committees such as the TEP, Admission and Partnership committees, etc.
- Coordinating with faculty to align field experience with course needs in order to meet program and state requirements.
- Producing quarterly reports for purposes of program evaluation and accreditation.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
Must have demonstrated experience in the management and organization of large-scale information using a data management system (i.e., LiveText, TK20); and proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel. Applicants should demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; problem solving competence; ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff within the School of Education and within the College of Health, Education and Professional Studies as well as with area school systems; and experience working with individuals from diverse populations. Experience in a K-12 or higher education setting preferred.
Some evenings, weekends, and overnight travel are required.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=19000000HT
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.