Part-Time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Instructor
Department:: Academic Affairs
Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: May 6, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
Dutchess Community College is seeking part time Certified Nursing Assistant Instructors to help implement and coordinated our new credit free program. This position is part-time day and/ or evening up to 25 hours per week.
- Instruct the CNA Curriculum in classroom, college lab and supervise clinical.
- Direct secondary lab and/ or clinical instructor for class cohorts that exceed eight students.
- Ensure all student health records completed and uniforms appropriate prior to students going to clinical placements.
- Assist with the ordering of books, uniforms and supplies
- Attend job and career fairs and open houses to promote program.
- Attend department and staff meetings as required.
- Current non-expired New York State Registered Professional Nurse License Number and documentation.
2. And one of the following:
- certification to teach Nurse Assistant or
- Practical Nursing; or
- Two years of experience teaching nurse assistants in a residential health care facility; or
- Three years of experience teaching nursing or nursing related programs to adults in an academic setting approved by the Commissioner of Education; or
- completion of the State approved "Train the Trainer" program
3. Two years of experience caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others are encouraged (AA/EOE).