Post-Doctoral Research, Physiology/Pharmacology
Posting DetailsPosition Information TitlePost-Doctoral Research, Physiology/PharmacologyCampusStocktonDepartmentPharmacy - InstructionPosting NumberF00193Full or Part TimeFull TimeOpen Date04/22/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesDays Per WeekWeeks Per Year Position Description Position Description
The Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy at the University of pacific has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral position for a period of 1 year in laboratory of Dr. Roshanak Rahimian. The successful candidate will work on an NIH-funded study to vascular complications in a novel model of type 2 diabetes with respect to the role of sex hormones. As part of the training program, the postdoctoral fellow will also have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in supervision and mentorship activities within the department. Highly productive and motivated applicants with a PhD in Biological Sciences, Physiology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, or a related field are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience working in the field of cardiovascular science, and a track record of scientific achievement as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.Basic Qualifications
Duties & Responsibilities
• Planning and execution of vascular biology experiments, data collection and analysis
• Active participation in the preparation of scientific abstracts, manuscripts and/or developing an NIH grant proposal for submission by June of 2020.
• Perform ex vivo assays using freshly isolated tissue in small chamber myography system
• Perform standard molecular and cellular assays including DNA/RNA prep, RT-PCR, ELISA, Western blotting, histological staining
• Perform other related job duties as assigned or delegated.
• Help with supervision and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students in the laboratory
Qualified candidates will hold a PhD in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Chemistry, Cell Biology, or related fields
•Vascular biology field
•Solid level of publication
•Solid reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
•Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and work ethic.
•Excellent knowledge of common statistical software and computer programs
•Demonstrated excellent project management and time management skills.
Work in Standard Physical Laboratory environment.
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry SearchSpecial Instructions
Please submit copies of the following documents:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter
3. A statement of research experience
4. Contact information for at least 3 references.
For questions, please contact: Roshanak Rahimian, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Thomas J. long School of Pharmacy University of the PacificContact [email protected] Reference Letter Information Are Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting?YesMinimum Number of References3Maximum Number of References3Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document