Valparaiso University (VU) is seeking qualified instructors to teach fundamental mechanical and civil engineering courses for academic year 2019-2020 at Dalian Jiaotong University (DJTU) in the city of Dalian, Liaoning Province, as a part of its dual-degree Bachelors of Science program in Civil and Mechanical Engineering. The program is accredited by China’s Ministry of Education, the U.S.’s Higher Learning Commission, and the U.S.’s ABET. The instructor will teach Fundamentals of Engineering, Statics, Dynamics, and Mechanics of Materials to sophomore Chinese national students in English.
- Each course will consist of two sections of 60-80 students
- All courses will be taught in English
- An English-speaking TA will be provided
- Total instruction time: 12 hours/week.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
- Round-trip airfare and visa application expense
- An annual trip home
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Fluency in oral and written English
- The ability to qualify for a Chinese Z visa
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of Mandarin
- International academic experience (instructor or student)
- Experience teaching the topic to undergraduate engineering students
Please submit an application letter, detailed resume (curriculum vita), statement of teaching interests, and the contact information for three references to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/63037.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to develop and support a diverse community. Its entire EOE policy can be found at http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/. Employment at Valparaiso University will require a satisfactory criminal background check.