Cardinal Service Communications Coordinator
Cardinal Service Communications Coordinator
Job Number: 82990
Business Title: Cardinal Service Communications Coordinator
Job Title: Digital Community & Social Media Specialist 2
Job Family: Marketing Job Code: 4912 Grade: F
Exemption: Exempt, 10 month fixed-term (September 2019 - June 2020)
The Haas Center for Public Service is seeking a Cardinal Service Communications Coordinator to strategically advance our digital media efforts and storytelling through exceptional writing and editing, including for the Cardinal Service blog; taking the lead on our Instagram strategy and posting; and connecting members of the Stanford community with campus-wide service opportunities through compelling digital digests and promotions. The Coordinator will also advise students directly and support other essential Cardinal Service promotions to students and other key stakeholders. Be part of a dynamic and collegial team highlighting campus-wide service as integral to a Stanford education!
Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 1 year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build lasting relationships and strong communities; customer focus.
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends.
- An approach that is highly organized and creative.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated team player.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Stanford degree preferred.
- Public service or related experience.
- Flexible approach to fast-paced environment and willingness to work some weekend and evening hours.
- Knowledge of Cardinal Service and Stanford student life.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously with minimal supervision, as well as in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
About the Haas Center for Public Service
Stanford University's Haas Center for Public Service serves as the hub of Cardinal Service, an ambitious campus-wide initiative to make service a distinctive feature of a Stanford education. The Haas Center inspires and prepares students to create a more just and sustainable world through service, scholarship, and community partnerships. Guided by Stanford's Principles of Ethical and Effective Service, students engage in local, national, and global service across diverse pathways—community engaged learning and research, community organizing and activism, direct service, philanthropy, policy and governance, and social entrepreneurship and corporate social responsibility. https://haas.stanford.edu/
Cardinal Service focuses on four dimensions that have proven transformative in the lives of students: a full-time, quarter-long service experience (Cardinal Quarter); community engaged learning classes (Cardinal Courses); sustained service engagement (Cardinal Commitment); and support to integrate service into any career and pursue work in the public interest (Cardinal Careers).
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
If you're ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background and experience in public service; writing and editing; digital media content creation and curation; and any experience with designing materials, advising students, or serving in leadership roles.
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 82990 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4912
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 82990
Location: Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency