Director of Student Services - McDonough School of Business
Director of Student Services - McDonough School of Business
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business has launched a new graduate degree program, a Master's of Science in Management (MIM), and is seeking a Director of Student Services.
The Director of Student Services, has primary responsibility for most aspects of the student experience in the Masters in Management (MiM) program. This includes: academic oversight and planning; student support; event planning and execution; co-curricular support; and operations management. S/he works closely with the Faculty Program to implement policies and procedures and to evaluate initiatives designed to enhance the student experience. Reporting directly to the Associate Dean of Executive Education programs, the Director will play a significant role in the strategic planning of the organization and has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Leading the MiM registration process; auditing students' degree progress; preparing grade reports and class ranks; and developing and executing program events including New Student Orientation.
- Primary liaison between the students and university support (e.g., Office of Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Office of Global Studies, Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, University Registrar, Academic Resource Center, Counseling and Psychiatric Service).
Program Management and Events
- Working with the Academic Director and Associate Dean of Executive Education programs, plan and execute orientation, graduation, Town Halls, and other program-wide events
- Create, distribute, and analyze student surveys; manage the student experience and expectations
Academic Advising and Support
- Counsel and advise all MiM students regarding course work and program requirements. Evaluate student records to monitor completion of graduation requirements—advising as needed. Direct students to University services as needed (e.g. Writing Center) for academic support
- Track academic performance of all MiM students; monitor grade reports, ranks, and graduation clearances
- Support planning and delivery of Global Business Experience as needed.
- Work with Associate Dean of Executive Education programs to develop class schedule and academic calendar
- Evaluate and update policies and procedures in the Student Handbook
- Oversee all aspects of registration
- Create, implement and evaluate strategies to support and retain MiM students
- Manage honor code violation process, coordinating committee meetings, conducting investigations, and communicating findings.
Operations and Budget Management
- Monitor and adhere to operating budgets for the MiM program
- Track all students' academic progress to assist the business school with accurate budget, revenue, and enrollment predictions
- Ensure student activities comply with university and MSB policies and procedures
- Collaborate with Office of Communication on external ranking survey requests, accreditation surveys, etc
- Provide guidance and support to student leaders
- Liaise with the MBA Program Office on appropriate places for MiM student involvement in student clubs and leadership opportunities
- Identify and encourage the adoption of service opportunities for MiM students
- Ensure student events follow university and MSB policies regarding space allocation, alcohol consumption, contracts, allowable purchases, etc.
- Serve as main point of contact for strategy and overall direction of the student co-curricular experience
International Student Support
- Support international students by assisting in the development of academic and co-curricular programming to ease transition and promote integration during time at MSB
- Serve as primary liaison with University's Office of Global Services to ensure immigration requirements are satisfied.
- Advise and assist in international student's registration for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) that affect work authorization. Work will include organizing the CPT in classroom curriculum required by law.
- Plan, organize and lead international student orientation. Develop programming to meet unique needs of incoming international students.
- Masters' degree required
- 6-10 years professional work experience in a student services and/or higher education environment.
- Highly valuable experience includes academic advising, academic oversight, program management, and events coordination in a University setting.
- Must be multi-task oriented, extremely organized, and able to work in an evolving, dynamic environment of moving parts.
- Possess strong interpersonal, leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable making and communicating difficult decisions.
- Computer proficiency required - MS office standard software packages (especially Excel), databases, and web. Experience with Banner, Salesforce, and Canvas preferred.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Director-of-Student-Services----McDonough-School-of-Business_JR06546
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency