Dental Hygiene Instructor
The Dental Hygiene Instructor is responsible for dental lab, clinic, and classroom instruction of students in the Sheridan College Dental Hygiene Program.
- Graduate of a CODA accredited dental hygiene program.
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience as a dental hygienist.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Will consider someone currently enrolled in a graduate dental hygiene degree program.
- Two years of teaching experience in dental hygiene preferred.
- Current dental hygiene licensure, or eligibility for licensure, including local anesthesia, Nitrous oxide/oxygen administration, and laser permit, in Wyoming.
- Current immunizations and Healthcare Provider CPR Certification.
- Member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Support Sheridan College Dental Hygiene Program philosophy
- Function as an effective team member
- Foster a cooperative work environment
- Communicate effectively
- Analyze and solve problems
- Interpret and enforce college and department policies and procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Maintain high ethical standards and clinical skills
- Demonstrate flexibility to work irregular schedules to meet student, clinical and academic objectives
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.87% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu