Protection Officer (Part Time), Reynolda House Museum of American Art
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-05-03
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Reynolda, in Winston-Salem, N.C., is a rare gem among the nation’s cultural institutions and historic greenspaces. The 50-year-old museum at the center of Reynolda’s 180 acres, Reynolda House Museum of American Art, presents a renowned art collection in a historic and incomparable setting: the original 1917 interiors of the country manor of R. J. Reynolds. Spanning 250 years, the collection is an uncompromisingly selective one, a chronology of American art, with each artist represented by one work of major significance. The collection was assembled by the unerring eye of Barbara Babcock Millhouse, granddaughter of R. J. and Katharine Reynolds. The Reynolda experience includes a free app called Reynolda Revealed; touring exhibitions in the Museum’s Mary and Charlie Babcock Wing; formal gardens, conservatory and walking trails of Reynolda Gardens; and more than 25 of the estate’s original buildings repurposed as shops and restaurants in Reynolda Village.Job Description
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Ability to understand and follow policies and make logical decisions.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and other relevant software.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Ability to successfully complete security training, first aid/CPR training, and other training as assigned by the Director of Security.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays. (Weekend availability is required for this position)
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare accurate / detailed reports.
Performs bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching from ground level to overhead, pushing and pulling up to 20 pounds; must be able to visually observe and monitor museum building, grounds, security cameras and other related equipment; will be subjected to long periods of standing or walking. May be called upon to physically assist guests in an emergency or evacuation.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
CIPS and / or CVRS certifications from the International Foundation for Cultural Property Protection are preferred.