Assistant Director, Employer Relations (Student Employment)
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleAsst Dir Employer RelationsPosition Number8101955Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameCAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTERLocation CodeCAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER (02045A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
- Works with on-campus departments to support the development of and support for on-campus employment
- Works with on-campus departments to support the development of and support for on-campus Federal Work-Study positions
- Works with community-based organization seeking to hire students with Federal Work-Study awards to work in community-serving part-time positions
- Serves students directly with employment-related coaching for student employment and federal work-study positions
- Liaison with Information Systems Coordinator to ensure that on-line job posting system is accessible to students, faculty, staff, and potential employers of Loyola students, both on and off campus for student employment and federal work-study positions
- Serves as the Career Services liaison between Financial Aid, Human Resources, Center for Experiential Learning, and hiring departments/agencies on all aspects of student employment both on and off campus
- Works closely with the Business Managers, Office of the Provost, and Financial Aid Office to support FWS utilization opportunities
-Trains, supports and monitors compliance of Community-based Employers on use of Federal Work-Study funds
-Works with all student employment managers to troubleshoot departmental hiring issues to resolve issues accordingly.
- Working under the leadership of Sr. Associate Director of Employer Relations and Outreach, serves the Institutions’ point of contact for part-time work and internships for international students
- Conducts community-based employer work site visits every other year
- Maintains updated student employment resources, web pages and in handouts
- Provides Sr. Associate Director with timely information needed for producing reports related to student employment.
- Maximizes relationships with community partners to expand relationships into internships and full time work.
- Supports Division and Institution-wide initiatives
- Connects student employment to career readiness initiatives and career development
- As available, supervise a student employee and/or graduate student worker
- Creates and manages annual student employment awards program per NSEA standards
- Creates and manages annual student employment awards ceremony as part of the annual Weekend of Excellence
- Creates program awareness to students via marketing and communications
- Coordinates program with other Career Services team in order to leverage outreach efforts and resources
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with college students
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience working with college students.
- Previous experience in human resources, financial aid, work-force development and/or career services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong team orientation
- Technical proficiency in use of computers, software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, and web content management.
- Familiarity with social media use for engagement purposes
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of two years of experience working with college students?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application