Adjunct - Health and Life Fitness
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-055
Posting Start Date: 5/3/2019
Minimum Education: Masters
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $41.55 p/h
Adjunct - Health and Life Fitness Description/Job Summary Job Summary:
Baltimore City Community College is seeking a Adjunct Faculty to teach assigned class material in accordance with learning objectives developed by the department.
Overview of position:
- Will teach in Health and Health Life Fitness an needed.
- Participate in college activities and department activities.
- Meet college deadlines for grade submission, non-attending reporting and final grade submissions.
- Meet with students and answer their questions and concerns.
- Masters in Health, Community Health, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science or Physiology, Athletic Training
- One (1) year teaching experience in post-secondary environments
- Experience with technology in the classroom
- One (1) year in urban college and university
- Experience assessment in classroom curricula
- Experience with familiarity in LMS (i.e..., Canvas)
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend × Subject: Your email address: Recipient's email address: Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be interested. Human Verification: Send E-mail