Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, located in Natick Massachusetts and 20 minutes from Boston, is an independent boarding and day high school offering a transformational educational experience designed for student artists in grades 9–post graduate. Walnut Hill combines a comprehensive college-preparatory academic curriculum with intensive, pre-professional artistic training in theatre, dance, music, visual arts, and writing/film/media arts. The school’s expert faculty works with students in their respective majors to strengthen their talents, foster their creativity, and stimulate their intellectual curiosity. Walnut Hill School is the only independent arts high school on the East Coast.
The Director of Admission and Financial Aid is responsible for managing student enrollment. The Director instills a sense of team, personal leadership and ultimately improves both student enrollment and net- tuition revenue. The Director oversees all aspects of the admissions process, including strategies for recruiting new students. The Director manages an office that includes 3 Associate/Assistant Directors and the Admission Office Assistant. The Director of Admission and Financial Aid reports to the Assistant Head of School.
Specific Duties include:
- Designs, implements, and evaluates, all aspects of a strategic and comprehensive admission program with the goal of maintaining a capacity-enrollment of qualified students that meets or exceeds net-tuition revenue goals, and a waitlist of qualified applicants.
- Ensures outstanding customer experiences for prospective students and parents, through high-touch handling of applications and communication, personalized campus tours, interviews with students and parents, and communicating final decisions.
- Maintains and builds close and productive relationships with feeder schools, educational consultants and other referral sources in target markets, and creates relationships in new markets.
- Organizes and administers the financial aid program for both new and returning students.
- Serves on the Enrollment Management Committee.
- Effectively presents sand embodies the school and its value proposition through outstanding public speaking and formal presentation skills, one-on-one communication skills, informal interpersonal interactions, and written communication ability.
- Travels extensively both domestically and internationally to build productive relationships, visit feeder schools, and participate in admission events. Coordinates admission staff travel.
- Manages a staff of 4 and the departmental budget and allocates resources with strategic awareness and professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and essential skills
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3 to 5 years of admission and financial aid experience;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively in a changing, fast-paced environment;
- Share an educational and artistic vision that aligns with the core principles of Walnut Hill;
- Proven leader with a commitment to collaboration and the ability to manage and grow a team’s skills, vision and cohesion;
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding written, organizational, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to and strong understanding of cultural competency;
- Highly expert in providing accurate and insightful weekly, monthly and annual reporting and analysis of statistics and quantitative metrics;
- Possess strong computer skills;
- Outgoing and energetic attitude, passion for arts and education, and a sense of humor.
All Walnut Hill faculty/staff are active and engaged members of the school community and are committed to collaborating and growing in their field, participating in school events, supporting students in their arts, supporting other community members, and who have the ability to self-reflect on their own practice. Commitment to the school’s Core Values, of Community, Growth, Excellence, Creativity, and Respect are imperative to the success of a Walnut Hill community member.