Athletics Event Management Assistant
Posting DetailsDepartmentAthletics - 25900External Link to Postinghttp://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/9856Vacancy NumberWorking TitleAthletics Event Management AssistantJob/Career Band TitleCompetency LevelJob CategoryAthletics FLSA for PositionBrief Summary of Work for this Position
Be part of the UNCW game day experience! We are seeking temporary, as-needed, event staff members for assisting with UNCW home athletic events.
• Collecting tickets for admission to UNCW athletic events.
• Ushering fans to their seats.
• Providing excellent customer service by assisting and directing fans within the facilities.
• Promoting the safety of all fans.
•Understanding security regulations and checking for prohibited items.
• Strong problem solving skills.Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• Must be highly dependable, flexible, and available to work evenings and weekends.
• Possess excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with the public.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time both indoors and outdoors.
• Work effectively as a team member.
• Previous customer service experience preferred.Certifications or licensure required to perform the essential functions of the positionPreferred formal education or training, professional skills and work experience
Previous event staffing experienceWork HoursAs needed basis – usually weekend or evening hoursWork DaysVaries by eventsHours Per WeekIntermittent, occasional work for eventsType of PositionRecruitment Range$9/hourSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsJob Posting Date05/03/2019Posting Close DateEEO Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs.Number of OpeningsMulti-PositionsApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington?
- UNCW LinkedIn Page
- UNCW FaceBook Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Website
- Carolina Job Finder/Employment Guide
- Direct Contact from UNCW HR Representative/Recruiter
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Other Social Media Tools