Adjunct Faculty, Undergraduate Nursing
Adjunct Faculty, Undergraduate NursingThe University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty, Undergraduate Nursing.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionProfessional Nursing Practice Position TypeFaculty Employment StatusPart Time Grant FundedNo Posting Close DateOn Going
Adjunct faculty members facilitate students’ achievement of course objectives and prepares the students to master skill sets to move forward throughout the program. Adjunct faculty members work closely with the course clinical coordinator and program coordinator to ensure that the standards and quality of the nursing curricula are met and maintained. This posting is for adjunct nursing instructors to teach undergraduate BSN program clinical courses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the clinical and class schedules as posted
- Communicate any concerns with the course coordinator
- Follow the policies and procedures of the clinical site
- Follow the policies of the College of Nursing and Health Professions and the School of Professional Nursing Practice and/or the School of Leadership and Advanced Nursing Practice
- Turn in course specific documentation as scheduled
- Communicate course requirements to students
- Available to assigned students for support and course advising including exams, required remediation, and summative evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Course Clinical Coordinator to plan, implement and evaluate each course offering to maintain quality and effectiveness.
- Attend scheduled meetings prior to the course orientation with the Course Coordinator and other adjunct faculty teaching in the course.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct and/or indirect clinical supervision of students enrolled in nursing programs may be required
The adjunct faculty member is expected to be a competent practitioner of nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing degree is required
- Current unencumbered Mississippi RN license.
- Criminal history and background check clearance
- Evidence of current American Heart Association CPR training
- Evidence of yearly tuberculin skin tests and other required immunizations as per nursing program policy and/or agency requirements.
- Be familiar and comply with clinical agency policies and procedures. Complete all required clinical agency training including; but, not limited to electronic health records, HIPAA, medication administration, POC Glucose training and an agency orientation.
- Uphold the mission and values of the USM College of Nursing and Health Professions.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
Founded in 1910, The University of Southern Mississippi is a comprehensive doctoral and research-driven university with a proud history and an eye on the future. A dual-campus university, Southern Miss serves students on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, in addition to five teaching and research sites in Mississippi and through Online at Southern Miss. Since 2006, our students have collected three Truman Scholarships and 18 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships. USM students also lead Mississippi with 21 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Our Drapeau Center for Undergraduate Research affords our students meaningful research opportunities, and as a proven leader in innovation, we conduct transformative research that translates into real-world solutions. As one of only 36 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music, we are a haven for creativity and artistic expression. In the classroom or lab, on the playing field, or in the performance hall, we strive to have a positive impact not only on our students, but also the world around us. Further information is found at www.usm.edu.As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.